I'm Marissa Halpert
I'm an award-winning Front-End Web Developer based in Washington, DC.
In 2018, I won the DCFemTech Award for Power Women in Code.
I'm also a National Winner of the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing.
Currently, I build digital experiences as a Web Developer at ISL.
I wrote my first line of code in high school and instantly fell in love with software development.
I continued this passion at James Madison University, where I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and a minor in Educational Media.
Want to know about my internships and jobs while in college?
After college, I worked as a full-stack Software Developer at CarMax in Richmond, VA. My team was tasked with rebuilding the proprietary appraisal software.
Some highlights from my time at CarMax:
- Developed new functionality using .NET framework, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, and C#.
- Coordinated software update releases, managing communication and timing of several teams.
- Participated in daytime and after-hours on-call support rotation.
- Earned Certified ScrumMaster certification (CSM). Led scrum ceremonies.
- Planned and participated in college recruiting events, community service team builder events, and department-wide employee engagement events.
Wanting to relocate from (my hometown of) Richmond, I joined ISL in December of 2016 and moved to DC. At ISL, I focus on front-end web development.
What I do at ISL:
- Serve as Front-End Lead for small, medium, and large scale web projects.
- Implement model and view changes within Python Django back-end.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, scrum masters, and clients to provide technical recommendations based on user's needs.
- Mentor and onboard new team members and junior developers.
- Coordinate team activities and events.
- Lead, coordinate, and host tech outreach within DC community.
- Serve on the Community Engagement Committee and the Professional Development Committee.
- Speak at conferences and events on behalf of ISL.
I've been known to talk about topics related to women in tech, my personal experiences, and front-end development.
Want me to speak? Email me!
I'm passionate about:
- Helping clients and users solve problems using technology
- Making the web a better and more accessible place for everyone
- Closing the gender gap in technology
- Leading outreach events for girls interested in STEM
- Computer Science education in K-12
- Baseball ⚾ (Ask me why)
- The color purple 💜